Monday, August 26, 2013

Feeling guilty while I should be sleeping

Well shock, I'm feeling guilty about not blogging again... and I deserve to, because it has been over six months since I have posted here.  Can you tell that my life has been hectic?  Here's the quick version and yet another promise to get my crap together and blog more soon!

The Highly Condensed Version (of the past six months)
- Went back to Mizzou for the spring semester
-Took my first journalism class (loved it!)
-Took another costuming class (So much fun!! Definitely didn't see this hobby coming)
-Went to the Dominican Republic for 72 hours of bliss (and along the way, I spent my birthday in Miami with one of my best friends (honestly, what more could a girl ask for? (especially when there was a 50 degree difference between Missouri and Miami)))
-Did a lot of homework
-Did more homework
-Didn't freeze (too much!)
-Saw snow fall for the first time! And experienced my first snow day(s)! 
-Started working with STRIPES, the safe-ride system on campus! (Now I have lots of stories about funny drunk people)
-Went home for spring break!
--Saw all of my beautiful, amazing, hilarious, talented, brilliant friends
----I was even lucky enough to see a handful of them in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (a musical, that I just might have seen three times...(what can I say?  I love them))
- Went back to Missouri
-Got hired at White House Black Market! 
-Got hired by Mizzou Theatre's Summer Rep program to work in the costume shop and backstage on Anything Goes
-Did more homework
-Took finals
-Moved out of the dorms
-Slept on a very generous friend's floor for a week
-Moved into my new townhouse!
-Spoke Spanish every morning at 8:40 for two hours with a group of hilarious people 
-Worked in the costume shop five days a week! 
-Worked at White House Black Market after
-Did a lot of math homework (and I mean a lot of math homework)
-Did a lot of Spanish homework (and understood it... I'm sorry, but when the hell did that happen?) 
-Worked on wardrobe crew for Anything Goes! (Possibly the best job ever!-- Minus the very sweaty t-shirts and more specifically, the adult onesie I had to collect at the end of the night, but other than that, so much fun!!)
-WENT HOME AFTER ALMOST FIVE MONTHS!!
-Had a crazy airport surprise
-WENT BACK TO CAMP BRAVO AS A COUNSELOR AND HAD AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE (I cannot even begin to describe Bravo, if I started to, I wouldn't get any sleep tonight, or for the rest of the year)
-Played in Huntington Beach and Del Mar for a couple of days
-Maximized my time with my friends before returning to Mizzou

And there you have it, the past six months in a nutshell (concise really isn't my thing....).  I'm now back in school and working my ass off already.  If you are so inclined, feel free to follow my academic/professional blog at lesjay.wordpress.com .  I will probably be posting there more often because, well, I am graded on it.  I hope you're all doing well and that there aren't too many spelling/grammatical errors in this post because honestly, I am prioritizing going to sleep over proofreading it.  Talk to you soon! (hopefully about something other than my life)
Thanks for reading. 


2 comments:

  1. Haha I love this post. And that you're blogging again!! Another means for us to keep in touch when I leave (to replace our no-more hour long convos!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete